Monday, September 1, 2008

"The Hat Lady"


One of the opportunities that I've had on this journey with my sister is to meet or hear about some women who have battled or are battling cancer. We had heard about "The Hat Lady" after a chemo session. This amazing lady had a reoccurrence of breast cancer after almost making it to the 5 year mark. When she lost her hair she decided to make a hat for various occassions, holidays, and sessions. We had seen some pictures of the hats and loved them. I wanted to meet this lady.


The Lord is so good. During one of the chemo's, my sister, niece, and I were talking when in walks the infamous "Hat Lady". I was so thrilled to meet her. Her name is Sue and she is one of the most uplifting people I've ever met. We all talked about perhaps doing a website with cheer songs, displaying her hats, recipes, etc. I've been keeping a notebook of the songs and pictures of Sue's hats but life has been so hectic, I didn't see how to get a book together and copied. I decided last week to start this blog. I will from time to time include pictures of Sue's hats. They'll make you smile and admire her fabulous creativity. Enjoy the first one !

No comments: