Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Not so Cheerful Friday post

Before Gray started chemo on Wednesday, Dr. Lopez, the doctor regulating the chemo and bone marrow transplant, wanted to do a spinal tap to see if there were cancer cells in his spinal fluid. He got the results Thursday morning and they did find cancer in the fluid. They will do spinal taps twice a week, injecting the chemo he is getting in his catheter into his spine. They may have to do radiation on that area at some point and time. They aren’t sure yet. Also, when they were putting in Gray’s Hickman catheter they punctured a hole in his lung. That is what the chest x-ray showed that he had on Wednesday afternoon. It has created an air pocket so he is on oxygen through his nose to expand it and fill it up. The chemo is causing continuous hiccups. The night nurse, Catherine, gave him a breathing machine that helped tremendously.








I’m going to be real honest with you. It’s just plain hard. I could tell you all the things that I should say if I was trying to be super spiritual but I’m not there. I’m sad and angry, and devastated. I do know that God is in control and my hope is in Him. I just hate cancer and the pain that goes along with it. Gray and Ashley are handling the news well. Kelley and I are hurting as his parents to watch our child go through such suffering. Please pray that we will hold onto Jesus with all our strength even though it feels like we’re hanging on by a thread at times.







Thank you,



Carol














No comments: