Friday, August 10, 2012

Get your Friday feet on!

Happy Friday! Let’s get our Friday feet on and kick the cancer beast to the curb! Rare, never heard of before, and blood cell cancer that’s a form of leukemia are not the words you want to hear come out of the doctor’s mouth. They are the words that we heard yesterday morning. Gray has a type of cancer that is usually found in old men in their 70’s or 80’s. The doctor said that it will not be localized and usually presents with skin lesions. Gray does not have lesions so we hope that it was either caught early or misdiagnosed. Either way, it is only treated with chemo and possibly bone marrow transplant. We were all devastated in the morning but by the time we went for the PET scan we were encouraged and ready to do battle against the beast. We would love the Lord to do a miraculous healing, but know realistically we are in a tough battle. As a friend of ours whose son battled leukemia and is well now told us, “You are not only a battle with cancer; you are in a battle for faith”. We have been showered with love and support from all over. My friend, Sissy, came down for the PET scan. Kelley’s former boss and his wife brought us dinner. One of our dear friends from church was here when we got back from the scan. Four of Gray and Ashley’s friends came down from Tuscaloosa. The phone calls and emails have been comforting. The oncologist office called and Gray’s appointment is on Wednesday at 11:15. We don’t know if we will have the scan results before then. God is faithful! Have a Fantastic Friday!








Today’s devotional was from friends of ours from the church. It is from “Streams in the Desert”:







STREAMS IN THE DESERT devotional today from Ps. 84:5...Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee....



I thought of all of you. Here is an excerpt from it:







When night....needful night....gathers over the garden of our souls, when the leaves close up, and the flowers no longer hold any sunlight within their folded petals, there shall never be wanting, even in the thickest darkness, drops of HEAVENLY dew...dew which falls only when THE SUN HAS GONE DOWN!







I have been through the valley of weeping,



The valley of sorrow and pain;



But the "God of all comfort" was with me,



At hand to uphold and sustain.







So we'll follow wherever He leadeth,



Let the path be dreary or brignt;



For we've proved that our God can give comfort;



Our God can give songs in the night.







Today’s Cheer Song is “My Life is in You, Lord” by, David Gardener. Enjoy! Love, Carol







My Life is in You, Lord



My life is in You, Lord,

My strength is in You, Lord

My hope is in You, Lord

In You, it's in You. (Repeat)



I will praise You with all of my heart.

I will praise You with all of my hope.

With all of my life, and all of my strength.

All of my hope is in You.





No comments: