Monday, May 11, 2009

Cheer Song Monday 5/11/09

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Mother’s Day. I am so thankful for the family God has blessed me with. The whole day was a great day of worship, fellowship, food, and fun. I think that with my husband and daughter’s cooking that I gained five pounds. It was well worth it

The Lord has put this hymn on my mind the last few days, “Lord, Speak to Me”. These are the writers of the words and the music as they are listed in the Cyberhymnal: Words:
Fran­ces R. Ha­ver­gal, 1872. She wrote this hymn at Win­ter­dyne, Bewd­ley, Eng­land, for the use of lay help­ers in the church.
Music: Can­on­bu­ry, adapt­ed from Nacht­stück, Opus 23, No. 4, by
Ro­bert A. Schu­mann, 1839


Read the words and then pray them. They make a great prayer about doing God’s will, His way. Enjoy!
Lord, Speak to Me
1.Lord, speak to me that I may speakIn living echoes of Thy tone;As Thou has sought, so let me seekThine erring children lost and lone.
2.O lead me, Lord, that I may leadThe wandering and the wavering feet;O feed me, Lord, that I may feedThy hungering ones with manna sweet.
3.O strengthen me, that while I standFirm on the rock, and strong in Thee,I may stretch out a loving handTo wrestlers with the troubled sea.
4.O teach me, Lord, that I may teachThe precious things Thou dost impart;And wing my words, that they may reachThe hidden depths of many a heart.
5.O give Thine own sweet rest to me,That I may speak with soothing powerA word in season, as from Thee,To weary ones in needful hour.
6.O fill me with Thy fullness, Lord,Until my very heart overflowIn kindling thought and glowing word,Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.
7.O use me, Lord, use even me,Just as Thou wilt, and when, and where,Until Thy blessèd face I see,Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share.

No comments: