Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cheer Song Thursday 5/14/09

Happy Thursday! I think I must be deaf. The kids in my class sure think so. They had to stay inside yesterday because of the rain. They had 2 volumes they spoke in, loud and louder. I found out from the other teachers that their kids were the same way. They are getting restless and ready for summer. Today we’re having our end of the year picnic party. Last year it was great. I pray that today’s is.


Yesterday my devotion was about God rescuing us. It told how many times the Lord allows us to come to the end of ourselves and our methods for trying to solve our problems so we will turn to Him. He is faithful to rescue us when we call to Him. I was doubtful about whether I was going to use this devotion for the Cheer Song. It’s so neat how God works. One of my kiddies had a shirt on with a fire truck and the caption underneath it that said, “Rescue Me”. Underneath the caption it had the Biblical reference of Psalm 35:17. In that verse the psalmist cries out to the Lord and asking Him when He will save him from the lions that are trying to devour him. I thought that it was a clear sign that I needed to do this topic on rescuing.

Today’s Cheer Song is “Rescue the Perishing” by, Fanny Crosby. Enjoy! Love, Carol

Rescue the Perishing
Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;Weep o’er the erring one, lift up the fallen,Tell them of Jesus, the mighty to save.
Refrain:Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.
Though they are slighting Him, still He is waiting,Waiting the penitent child to receive;Plead with them earnestly, plead with them gently;He will forgive if they only believe.
Down in the human heart, crushed by the tempter,Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;Touched by a loving heart, wakened by kindness,Chords that were broken will vibrate once more.
Rescue the perishing, duty demands it;Strength for thy labor the Lord will provide;Back to the narrow way patiently win them;Tell the poor wand’rer a Savior has died.

No comments: