Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cheer Song Sunday 5/10/09

  • Happy Mother’s Day! I pray that all of you who are moms, all of you who will be moms, and all of you who have moms will have an encouraging and uplifting day. God was so gracious to bless us with these wonderful ladies.

    I was listening to my favorite radio program the other day. The hosts were celebrating mothers. People called in to talk about their mom. Some of the folks had lost their moms. The male host had told everyone how much he missed his mom who had died two years before. Another caller elaborated on the point of telling your mom how much you love her and means to you because you don’t know how long you will have them. She also made the point to get rid of any anger that is between you and your mom so there will be no regrets on down the road. When we think of all the Lord has forgiven us for it should make us all the more willing to forgive. Thanks to all you mothers who have loved, nurtured, and sacrificed so unselfishly for the people God has placed in your lives.

    Today’s Cheer Song is “I Saw Him in Your Eyes” by Susie Luchsinger. Enjoy!

    I Saw Him in Your Eyes
    That rusty yellow school bus came to pick us up each dayTook my sister off to school and dropped me at your house to playI'd see you wavin' from the porch down that ol' dusty driveAnd I'd run as fast as I could to your sideYou taught me how to garden and you let me help you cookThat gentle smile was always there and on your face that special lookAnd you told me about Jesus how he lived inside of youYou know I never doubted what you said was trueCause I saw him in your eyesIn your love and in your laughter it was him I recognizedI didn't know it then but now I realizeThat I saw him in your eyesWhile we cleaned up in the kitchen you'd be hummin' some old hymnAnd then you'd open up your Bible and read to me about your friendBut more than songs and stories it was what I saw in youI watched the love of God as it came shining throughYes I saw him in your eyes...Oh my prayer is that some day when my grandchildren look at meThey'll see that same reflection of him and his perfectionThe miracle in you that I could seeWhen I saw him in your eyes...Yes I saw him in your eyes

No comments: