Saturday, October 11, 2008

Race for the Cure Cheer Song 10/11/08

Today is the race. I feel so honored to walk beside these courageous women who have fought the breast cancer battle so courageously. Some of my friends are still fighting. I'm so proud to be walking in honor of my sister. She has been a trooper through it all. She is still battling some side effects of surgery and treatments. My prayers are with these hero warriors and that a cure will be found soon.

Here is today's song:

We Are The Survivors (to “ We Are The Champions”)

I’ve paid my dues
Time after time
I’ve done my sentence, but committed no crime
And pains and aches
I’ve had a few
I’ve had my share of meds and treatments, but I’ve come through

Chorus:
We are the survivors, my friends
And we’ll keep in fighting, till the end
We are the survivors
We are the survivors
No time for crying
Cause we are the survivors, of this war

I’ve taken my drugs
And my doctor’s calls
God gave me strength and patience to face it all
I thank Him so

But it’s been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge, as I run this race
And I ain’t gonna lose

Chorus

No comments: